The main role of the Governing Body is to support the Headteacher and staff to reach targets as identified in the School Development Plan and the School Evaluation Form. These two documents highlight strengths of the school and areas for development. They help us to plan how to move towards excellence in all areas of school life.
Our legal duties include:
- Teaching and Learning
- Reviewing progress against the school’s budget and objectives
- Appointing, challenging and supporting the Head of School
The Governors meet at least once a term.
- Mrs Lindsay Hayward - Head Teacher
- Mrs Nicola Mannion - Chair of Governors/Parent Governor
- Mr Richard McElwaine - Director Appointed Governor
- Mrs Emma Shepherd - Parent Governor
- Mrs Hayley Silver - Staff Governor
Miss Ellie Booth resigned as Staff Governor on 15th September 2022
Mr Luke Male resigned as Staff Governor on 20th March 2023
Mrs Tonia Maisey resigned as Director Approved Governor on 31st May 2023
Register of Business Interests 2023-24
Governor Attendance Chart 2023-24
For information regarding the Directors of Preston Primary Academy Trust, please click on the link below.