Middlezoy and Othery PTA is run by a small number of volunteer parents to raise monies for the school to spend on resources, materials, school trips and specialist educational activities. Currently, we have a wonderful team, consisting of; Ella Maisey, Emma Shepherd, Rachel Selway, Jodie Maisey and Lucia Sevcikova .
There is no formal ‘membership’ or commitment required and all parents, carers, family and staff are very welcome to attend and contribute to meetings and fundraising events. We’re always looking for new and fresh inspiration so please do get involved!
Monies spent are usually allocated on request from teaching staff.
Since 2020, the PTA have funded:
- Year 6 Leaver's Hoodies and end of school Bowling
- School discos
- Easter eggs/selection boxes,
- Pantomime trip for the whole school
- Christmas Cards
- Playground improvement at Othery
- Plants for Middlezoy
- Hire of village halls for school events
- Play equipment for the Nursery
- Coach hire for school trips
- Circus skills Day
There are also various fundraising events held throughout the year including:
- Othery Street Fayre
- Middlezoy Christmas Fayre
- Break the Rules Day
- Cake Sales
Other ways include:
- Bags for Help