Aims and Values
Our Aims and Values
At Middlezoy and Othery Primary Schools we will always strive to:
"Be the best we can be"
- Ensure good and outstanding teaching with a culture of high expectations and high attainment where all of our children can reach their full potential and take pride in their achievements.
- Create a safe and stimulating environment, providing a learning experience which meets the needs of all;
- Enable children to develop as independent, motivated learners with creative enquiring minds;
- Promote and develop pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural growth via the delivery of the agreed Somerset RE syllabus (representing all faiths)
- Provide good examples that children will use as a reference for positive behaviour;
- Encourage children to care for and respect themselves, the local community and others.
Our children will:
- Feel cared for and secure in school;
- Be proud of their school and their personal contributions to its success and the wider community;
- Have good self-esteem and confidence in their individual strengths;
- Be aware of their role in the wider community.
Excellent behaviour and respect will be instilled in our children throughout the curriculum and through the role models set by all members of staff. We will apply our Behaviour Policy in a consistent manner.
Following a whole school assembly on the meaning of values and those we feel are most important in our schools, we held a whole school vote and the children have decided on these new values for our school.
- Inspire and nurture our children to be well rounded individuals and the best that they can be in a safe environment
- Ensure our schools are well led and managed
- Provide high quality learning opportunities within a balanced and relevant curriculum
- Work together with professionalism, integrity and trust to achieve the quality provision for all
- Ensure our schools sit at the heart of our communities.